Prepare Yourself for The Job
Helpful Tips and Example Questions for Job Interviews
We encourage all our graduates to be prepared for a job interview. We have some helpful interviewing tips and some example questions they may asked you. We want all our Professional Truck Drivers going to an interview to excel as proud alumni from Smith & Solomon.
Be the future employee that stands out from the crowd of just interviewee, by following these helpful tips:
- Arrive early for your interview.
If you arrive 10 to 15 minutes early to your interview it will show as a sign of desire and commitment for the position you are applying for.
- Dress appropriately, business casual is best.
Always look well groomed, by dressing well can increase your confidence and professional image.
- Bring your records of education
Transcripts, completion certificate, and any other continued education courses you have taken.
- Bring references
You could ask for letters of recommendation from past employers or trucking school instructors. They will be helpful if they ask for additional information.
- Bring your resume
Prepare your resume with your education, skills and experience. Also, bring extra copies just in case you need them.
- Most important bring a positive attitude.
Keep in mind, to practice for your interview just in case your future employer ask you something that you were not prepare for. According to Glassdoor.com, here are some questions from trucking companies asked their interviewees:
- Road Runner - How much experience do you have?
- CRST - Is there anything that may show up on your motor vehicle record that may stop you from being employed?
- Clack County School District - If you are short on your inventory for delivery, what would you do?
- FedEx - What are your strength and weakness?
- Western Express - Do you have any felony convictions?
Practice some of these questions before going to any interview and you will have a clear picture of your answer when they ask you similar questions.
Finally, after your interview follow up with a thank you note for the interview opportunity. Also, you could ask them about any additional questions they might have for you. Don’t forget to follow up after the interview, this is just as important as the interview itself.
Best decision I ever made! Graduated Feb 22, 2016. Recommend this school to anybody and everybody! I was at the Bordentown Campus. Tom, Don and Blair are amazing people and Tracy in the office is such a sweet woman and will help you with getting you all started!!!- Jill Storicks