Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Training Programs
CDL A: Tractor Trailer Training – 160 Hours
This is our most popular course – and for the good reason that it provides more career options upon graduation. This program prepares you for your CDL class A license, and for entry level employment, driving all classes of commercial vehicles. During the first week of this commercial driver’s license program, you will be in the classroom, learning everything you need to pass your written permit test. Next, you’ll move to the yard and learn about truck inspections and making maneuvers in a controlled environment. Afterward, under supervised instruction from one of our experienced trainers, you’ll learn to drive a tractor trailer on the road. This is where you’ll gain the knowledge and the confidence you need to operate a truck safely and efficiently. These trucks are very large, very heavy and can be dangerous. Proper instruction from professionals is critical for your future as a professional driver.
CDL B: Straight Truck Training – 120 Hours
This program can teach you how to operate straight trucks, dump trucks, and/or box trucks. You’ll start in the classroom and learn the theory behind operating these vehicles. CDL driving school coursework can prepare you to pass the written permit test. Later, you’ll move to the yard and begin learning about truck inspections and maneuvers in a controlled environment. Once you’re confident with these skills, you’ll go out on the road and learn how to drive in real-life traffic scenarios under supervised instruction. Upon completion of the program, you can be fully prepared to pass your road test.
CDL B: With Passenger Endorsement – 120 Hours
Upon completion of this course, you will earn a CDL B with a passenger endorsement and be able to drive a bus. You will first go through the classroom and be taught by an instructor all the information you need to know to pass your permit test. Afterward, your training will be moved to our training yard where you will learn the basic skills of inspecting and operating the vehicle. When you are ready, you will move to road training where you will learn the skills needed to operate the vehicle safely and be prepared to pass your road test.
What sets our programs apart is the additional resources provided during your Commercial Driver Training. You will be educated on the following:
- Doubles & Triples Endorsement
- Tanker Endorsement
- Hazardous Material Endorsement
- Entry Level Certification
- Map reading and trip planning
- Log Book training
- DOT Rules and Regulations
CDL Refresher Courses – 40, 80 & 160 Hours (Only Available in NJ)
This course is designed for those who have a CDL but have not driven for six months or more. If you are looking to re-enter the transportation industry we offer 40, 80 and 160-hour refresher courses so you can brush up on your skills in a commercial vehicle. In the course, you will be driving the truck in the yard to review your pre-trip inspections and close quarter driving skills. Afterward, you will be accompanied by one our experienced instructors to drive out on the road to practice your skills in real-life traffic scenarios. If you have a road test scheduled with a company, be sure to let our instructor know as they will assist you with the specific skills you will need.
To qualify for a CDL you must:
- Be at least 18 years old (21 to drive from state-to-state)
- Possess a valid driver's license in your state of residence
- Pass a DOT drug test and physical
Commercial Drivers License Training Components
- Our CDL schools are staffed by experienced instructors and feature relaxed, comfortable classrooms conducive to learning
- Small class sizes allow you to get the individual attention you need
- Extensive safety and driving skills curriculum
- Our CDL training schools have more than 140 pieces of equipment for hands-on, behind-the-wheel training
- We offer continued training until you’re ready to test. No extra fees or hidden charges. Just a one-time fee to get your license
- Unlimited, comprehensive job placement services – Our truck driver training is designed to prepare you for employment upon graduation. As a respected truck training school, we’ve developed strong relationships with many corporations. They trust our quality graduates
- Training on the same vehicles that you test on and will be driving after graduation
- Latest training materials
- Continued training until the individual passes the CDL road test
- Continual placement services administered by placement professionals who work with Human Resource professionals at major corporations
- Constantly updated database of job listings/opportunities
We offer full-time, night and weekend drivers training courses, so you’ll have the flexibility you need to work training into your schedule. Hours vary by location so please call an Admissions Coordinator at 1-800-622-0355 to discuss scheduling options. If you’re wondering how to get a CDL, contact us today. Our truck driver training schools are designed to get you on the road and into a new career.
|Weekday||Monday – Thursday||7:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Weekend||Saturday & Sunday||7:00 am – 4:30 pm|
|Weeknight||Monday – Wednesday||5:00 pm – 10:00 pm|
Received my CDL training through the Bordentown, NJ location 6 years ago. Got placed with Swift upon getting license. Gave them almost 2 years, and now I am working for a local company in Cranbury. Best decision of my life! The only advice I can give to the new students, is to NEVER STOP LEARNING!! There is something new every day to learn. Just keep your eyes and ears open. Never let your guard down.