Forklift Operator Training Safety Programs (NJ Schools Only)
Forklift Operator Training (NJ Schools Only) – 8 Hours
Learn how to operate a forklift (lift truck) safely with Smith & Solomon's forklift driver training.* Upon completion of this program, you can earn your forklift driver certification. This program focuses on the following areas:
- The theory of OSHA-compliant forklift operator certification training with the goal of reducing workplace accidents, deaths, and injuries
- Hands-on operation of a sit-down counterbalanced truck, a stand-on narrow aisle picker, and a motorized hand truck
- Engine and motor operation, controls and instrumentation
- Capacity and stability
- Steering and maneuvering, aisle loading and unloading, stacking and tiering, tractor-trailer loading and unloading, instruments
- Operation in closed and open environments
* You must be 18 to operate a forklift.
Forklift certification classes are held monthly. Contact us today if you’re interested in lift truck training that can help you earn your forklift certificate. Call to reserve your seat now – 1-800-622-0355.
Graduated Feb. 2014, from the Lakewood, NJ campus. Went to Schneider, drove for a year and became a Training Engineer, did that for 3 months, then became an Instructor. Now, a year and 6 months later, I am the Southeast Regional Training Advisor, relocated to Charlotte, N.C.- Shawn Targett