Forklift Operator Training Safety Programs (NJ Schools Only)
Forklift Operator Training (NJ Schools Only) – 8 Hours
Learn how to operate a forklift (lift truck) safely with Smith & Solomon's forklift driver training.* Upon completion of this program, you can earn your forklift driver certification. This program focuses on the following areas:
- The theory of OSHA-compliant forklift operator certification training with the goal of reducing workplace accidents, deaths, and injuries
- Hands-on operation of a sit-down counterbalanced truck, a stand-on narrow aisle picker, and a motorized hand truck
- Engine and motor operation, controls and instrumentation
- Capacity and stability
- Steering and maneuvering, aisle loading and unloading, stacking and tiering, tractor-trailer loading and unloading, instruments
- Operation in closed and open environments
* You must be 18 to operate a forklift.
Forklift certification classes are held monthly. Contact us today if you’re interested in lift truck training that can help you earn your forklift certificate. Call to reserve your seat now – 1-800-622-0355.
I graduated your school during the summer of 2012 and landed a local driving job immediately and haven't looked back since. My life is back on track after being laid off in early 2012 and I'm on target to make over $75,000 this year. Again, thank you for the new skill. I just learned that truck drivers are more in the demand than ever as rules, laws, and regulations get more challenging, along with the next generation of truck drivers starting to retire creating a big hole in the industry.