Forklift Operator Training Safety Programs (NJ Schools Only)
Forklift Operator Training (NJ Schools Only) – 8 Hours
Learn how to operate a forklift (lift truck) safely with Smith & Solomon's forklift driver training.* Upon completion of this program, you can earn your forklift driver certification. This program focuses on the following areas:
- The theory of OSHA-compliant forklift operator certification training with the goal of reducing workplace accidents, deaths, and injuries
- Hands-on operation of a sit-down counterbalanced truck, a stand-on narrow aisle picker, and a motorized hand truck
- Engine and motor operation, controls and instrumentation
- Capacity and stability
- Steering and maneuvering, aisle loading and unloading, stacking and tiering, tractor-trailer loading and unloading, instruments
- Operation in closed and open environments
* You must be 18 to operate a forklift.
Forklift certification classes are held monthly. Contact us today if you’re interested in lift truck training that can help you earn your forklift certificate. Call to reserve your seat now – 1-800-622-0355.
Received my CDL training through the Bordentown, NJ location 6 years ago. Got placed with Swift upon getting license. Gave them almost 2 years, and now I am working for a local company in Cranbury. Best decision of my life! The only advice I can give to the new students, is to NEVER STOP LEARNING!! There is something new every day to learn. Just keep your eyes and ears open. Never let your guard down.