Blog Monthly Archive: 09/2017
Join us for a day full of information where they will discuss the following as well as answer your questions:
- How to get hired before you graduate
- What happens during orientation
- What driving opportunities are available within Werner Enterprises
- How does their tuition reimbursement work
- Werner’s Pet & Rider policy
- Pay, benefits and bonuses
- Information on their logs, technology and equipment
- Veteran’s programs
They say this country couldn’t run without truck drivers. The American Trucking Associations (ATA) says the trucking industry provides one out of every 16 American jobs for a whopping 7.3 million jobs, and the industry is still growing. There are more truck driving jobs than there are truck drivers.
Trucking will always be in demand and truck drivers have a job security that many other professions don’t have. Once you have your CDL, you’re set for life in this career.
In 2010 I graduated from Smith & Solomon in Linden, NJ. Started working as a company driver, but my desire for growth led me to open my hauling and transportation company. Getting my CDL has allowed me to travel over 48 states and international Canada and Mexico and open my own company. Thanks to Smith & Solomon and the staff assisting me with my CDL - A and opening doors for my success. Safety first!