We’re not just getting you a Commercial Drivers License. We’re assisting in getting you a job, an opportunity to better your career and your life.
Training you to get your CDL is only our first goal - finding you a job is our ultimate goal. At Smith & Solomon, we have a dedicated placement department whose sole purpose is to find you a job. They are in constant contact with recruiters from major trucking companies updating job lists on a weekly basis and inviting those recruiters to our locations regularly. We have been successful in assisting many students with starting their CDL careers.
Why become a truck driver?
- Job opportunities are expected to grow through 2026
- Growth is faster than the average for all other occupations
- 312,500 jobs from 2016 - 2026
- Most freight in the U.S. is moved by trucks
- As the economy grows, more truck drivers will be needed to keep up with increasing demand for products
- The job cannot be outsourced Entry-level truck drivers are often "pre-hired" before beginning their driver training
- Many trucking companies offer benefits such as insurance, retirement plans, paid vacations and safety bonuses
- In a matter of weeks, you can be trained and placed in a new career as a professional truck driver
*U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics
The Smith & Solomon Difference: We are committed to helping you find a job.
- Dedicated Job Placement Specialists
- Continual Job Placement
- Job Lists Updated weekly
- Pre-hire Applications
- On-site Recruiting
- Job Fairs
Read below about success stories in the trucking industry. People like you, who, with a little initiative, have turned their CDL into major trucking companies turning over millions of dollars a year.